12 June 2013

I Quit: Update 1

I was going to do a big post about all of the good changes I’ve seen since “quitting” the Internet, but then I realized it was a bit premature to celebrate… It’s only been 10 days, after all. And I think AA claims it takes 90 days to break a habit. So I’ll just keep posting every so often about how it’s going in general just for a bit of accountability.

That said, it’s going good! Still sorting through some of my thoughts about it. I have noticed that I have a growing reluctance to go online at all, but I’m suspicious of this… I’m afraid I’m just avoiding responsibility altogether. I could say I’m a bit drunk on all this freedom, haha! I don’t want to go back to a place where people can find me and bring me things to do! I’m an introvert, and a selfish one, and I do like to have my time and my space with no interference. But unless you’re independently wealthy (and even then), no one can afford to be a hermit. So I’m keeping an eye on that one.

Otherwise I’m already enjoying the benefits I said I wanted by quitting! More time, less stress, a better mood… all good things! But again, it’s way too early for an official report…

In other news… Jamie is in Nebraska! He left on Sunday morning and won’t be returning until July 19. Which sucks. The first couple of days were weird and surreal, and I was really sad on Monday. Not depressed, just sad. It’s nice to just feel sad! Sadness is kind of nice and bittersweet. Depression is soul-sucking. Anyway, I miss him very much, but I’m keeping plenty busy and have lots of plans to continue! I was anxious about today because I had no plans with anybody and would be alone all day, but it’s already 4:30 and I haven’t even noticed that I’ve been by myself! Given the choice I would rather have Jamie with me, but because he is safe and sound and doing math in Nebraska and I don't have to worry about him too much, I’m enjoying the solitude. For now. Talk to me in a week, I could be in a pathetic puddle of tears and loneliness. You never know!

Still not sure about the future of Scoutaroo… as some of you may have noticed I missed Father’s Day as far as making cards for it! Oops. I’m feeling really apathetic about it (see paragraph 2). We will see. This summer I planned on a haitus from it anyway, and I’ll be taking that time to help my brother with concept art for a game he’s making, which is cool too.

Tonight I’m having pasta for dinner! Yum! I went to market yesterday and bought a ton of berries, green beans, lettuce, and other fresh summer goodies. I ATE SO HEALTHY TODAY GUYS. I had a salad for lunch. Who does that?! Now if only I can maintain it… I also read for hours and got an illustration done, and went on a long walk this morning. Day well spent!

Anyway, I’ll be around with more updates! Toodles!


♥ Ciara Kay

4 comments:

  1. I tried to post a comment from CO but my stupid ipad wouldn't let me..for some reason it is finicky when it comes to posting on your blog! I hope you don't completely quit on Scoutaroo....maybe just adding one item a month would keep you interested but not stressed out? In the meantime, I still love my stationary sets and use them instead of greeting cards for holidays and events because I can write exactly what I want and they are printed so nicely on such good quality paper! You've made it past week#1 without Jamie now...1 down, 5 to go!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know what to do with Scoutaroo! I am so torn! I have a few little ideas but we'll see. It's just so time consuming... and you know me, I'm all or nothing, which means fast burnouts. :P

      It'll be one week when I wake up tomorrow ;) But who's counting?? :P

      Delete
  2. As a fellow introvert whose husband was away 99% of the time, I can tell you that staying active and mentally busy will help keep away that sadness. That sadness is heavy and hard to shake once it arrives. Keep writing letters, keep drawing, keep making friends. :)

    ReplyDelete